SPCleantech is co-founder of European Alliance for Cross- Industrial Circular Economy Investments (ICEI Alliance) consisting of European clusters and universities. During 2020-2021 there have been held meetings to prepare the establishment of the European Alliance for Cross- Industrial Circular Economy Investments, hosted by the Circular Economy Centre at Digipolis, Kemi, Finland.
The Alliance has for ambition to make Europe the global industrial circular economy platform to accelerate the deployment of world-class circular economy solutions to industry. It acts as a pipeline of business-led circular economy investment projects. Alliance members support businesses with the structuring of their investment cases as well as with accessing funding and financing streams.
In addition, the Alliance aims to provide a consistent forum to play a role of transmission chain from real industrial cases of circular economy to the wider European investment and policy making landscape, with the following ambitions:
- Enable the Success of Business Projects, fostering the emergence and success of innovative business-driven investment projects where new solutions, technologies, business models can be developed and reach full (market) operations
- Create Favorable Framework Conditions, building upon real-life practices to feed norms, standards, and other streams contributing to ensure a smooth adaptation of policy frameworks to the reality of industrial circular economy
- Prepare common applications to EU funds for financing of projects developed by consortium consisting of different ICEI Alliance members
By joining the ICEI Alliance the leaders of organizations declared their interest in and willingness to take steps towards realizing the following activities:
- Preliminary dialogue and identification of relevant themes and areas of collaboration
- Meetings and presentations of relevant work, experiences, projects, resources and strategies for further collaboration
- Potential co-organization of thematic workshops and seminars to prepare further collaboration; match-making activities, innovation and possible transnational collaboration projects
- Identification of appropriate funding opportunities and calls to sustain further collaboration
- Steps to formalize a follow up agreement between the project partners for the establishment of the European Alliance for Cross- Industrial Circular Economy Investments. This is done by signing this letter of intent.