SPCleantech is a Pre-Accelerator Point for Polish start-ups supported by KIC InnoEnergy and NordicHouse in Krakow. Partners have planned a series of 6 workshops and 2 conference aimed at sharing experience of Scandinavian mentors and coaches to Polish start-ups and mentors. The workshops take place at the headquarters of SPCleantech, Nordic House in Krakow. SPCleantech is working with a group of experienced mentors from Denmark, Finland and Sweden.
KIC InnoEnergy is a European company dedicated to promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and education in the sustainable energy field by bringing together academics, businesses and research institutes created by European Institute of Technology on initiative of European Commission. The goal is to make a positive impact on sustainable energy in Europe. The company does it by creating future game changers with a different mind-set, and bringing innovative products, services and successful companies to life.
- KIC InnoEnergy provides acceleration services to start-ups and ventures by supporting entrepreneurs with their business ideas, strengthening their business models, building expert teams, and providing access to finance
- KIC InnoEnergy supports innovation in the field and bring innovative ideas to life that have a positive impact on sustainable energy in Europe
- KIC InnoEnergy provides Master´s and PhD educational programmes that deliver knowledge and skills to students and managers that will shape the future of the energy sector.
KIC InnoEnergy is one of the first Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) fostered by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). It is a commercial company with 27 shareholders that include top ranking industries, research centres and universities, all of which are key players in the energy field. More than 150 additional partners contribute to the activities to form a first class and dynamic network that is always open to new entrants and furthers the pursuit of excellence. Although the company is profit-oriented, it has a “not for dividend” financial strategy, reinvesting any profits it generates back into its activities.
With headquarters in the Netherlands, the company develops its activities across a network of offices located in Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Sweden.
KIC InnoEnergy is committed to reducing costs in the energy value chain, increasing security and reducing CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions. To achieve this, it focuses its activities around 8 technology areas:
- Clean Coal Technologies
- Energy from Chemical Fuels
- Energy Efficiency
- Electricity Storage
- Renewable Energies
- Smart and Efficient Buildings and Cities
- Sustainable Nuclear and Renewable Convergence
- Smart Electric Grid