The meeting was attended by:
- DM Project
During the meeting, the scope of the proposed solutions was discussed. The group will focus so far on solutions for industrial buildings and the possibilities of using BIM in the renovation of buildings (creating a digital twin). So far, solutions for housing cooperatives are not considered. but that may change.
For the next meeting, the group will prepare more detailed proposals for the scope of solutions and Jarek Szumiński from JS Consulting will be invited to present the possibilities of financing the proposed solutions from NCBiR – fast track.
SIG – Forecasting and optimization in the operation of buildings
Due to the growing popularity of innovative solutions for construction, Grupa4BIM – a member of SPCleantech – decided to gather a group of specialists at the interface between the construction and IT industries in order to develop a solution aimed at dealing with the real challenges faced by people responsible for the maintenance and operation of buildings.
As part of the work of SIG – Forecasting and optimization in the operation of buildings, a group of SPCleantech members is in the process of agreeing the details of BIM4FM solutions combining the possibilities of using BIM, BMS and IOT technologies in the operation of buildings. At subsequent meetings, the group will select functionalities that could be part of the BIM4FM solution. Ultimately, the SIG group – “Forecasting and optimization in the operation of buildings” must decide on the financing of the Solution in question and develop an application for regional or EU funds to finance these activities. SPCleantech has adequate knowledge of available sources of financing for projects such as -NCBiR, Regional Operational Program, Horizon Europe, COSME, Erasmus + etc.
If you are interested in joining the group, please contact email@example.com
The group leader is Wojciech Jędrosz from Grupa4BIM sp.z o.o.
The following entities are currently participating in the meetings:
- DM Project
- JS Consulting
SIG members have almost 10 years of experience in building management, thanks to which it was possible to develop a list of issues and topics that could be optimized with the help of a dedicated application aimed at digitizing the work elements that create the most work for current building administrators. Saving time in the most tedious tasks will translate into a real increase in the productivity of property managers.
Facility Management is a process that requires access to a range of information, and the speed of obtaining it is of increasing importance. When using integrated digital databases, the ease of access and the time of providing the requested information is incomparably faster than for traditional information resources (paper documentation). An inevitable, already ongoing process is the gradual replacement of analog data with digital ones, which consequently leads to the creation of digital models of objects. Another issue important for the administration of facilities is what we will do with the uninterrupted stream of current data generated by the sensors of building devices. Thanks to the combination of BIM methodology organizing the process of preparing 3D documentation of an object, and combining its results with technologies such as IOT, AI and Big Data, we are able to manage, plan and predict events related to key assets of construction facilities.
As a result of the discussion on possible areas that could be supported by digital solutions, such issues as:
- Diagnosing potential failures (forecasting earlier inspections) with the help of IoT solutions and control sensors
- Automatic system for monitoring dates and reporting requests for periodic inspections
- Optimization of energy and utilities consumption throughout the building.
- Network device security audits. Detection of the weakest points of the building network infrastructure. Protection of sensitive information.
- BIM models, cobie data transfer, facility management database
- Integration of BMS systems with CMMS
- Creation of an electronic documentation flow system. Elimination of paper with the use of electronic signature.
- For existing buildings (or those designed without the use of BIM), digitization of design documentation, the ability to search data from scans, arranging documentation on the basis of a 3D model, scan or 2D projections.
- Integration of documentation (DTR, warranty, catalog card, declaration of conformity) with the model. Performing data analysis, information aggregation and process optimization based on a database with documentation from various manufacturers (downloaded from manufacturers’ databases)
- Visualization of building processes on a 3D model with the use of a digital twin
One of the main factors behind the high operating costs of buildings is the unavailability of their digital models, which makes management, planning and maintenance difficult.
In one of the ideas, it was proposed to develop a solution for the operation of devices and systems present in the building. This will facilitate work in the field of maintenance and ongoing repairs in the facility, as well as planned and anticipated work necessary to be performed in the future. By collecting detailed documentation and applying information to an extensive BIM model, building maintenance work has a chance to become much more effective and simpler. Digital improvements in the field of building service are a real benefit for the owners of buildings and a step into the future.