SPCleantech is a Pre-Accelerator Point for Polish start-ups supported by KIC InnoEnergy and NordicHouse in Krakow. Partners have planned a series of 6 workshops and 2 conference aimed at sharing experience of Polish and Scandinavian mentors and coaches to Polish start-ups and mentors. The workshops take place at the headquarters of SPCleantech, Nordic House in Krakow. SPCleantech is working with a group of experienced mentors from Denmark, Finland and Sweden.
What is Pre-Acceleration Programme?
- Pre-Acceleration programs aim at empowering people with valuable tools, educating them about what it takes to create a business. These programs are also effective channels to raise the community’s awareness regarding entrepreneurship.
- Especially in the earlier-stage pre-accelerators, the program acts like a discovery journey for aspiring entrepreneurs: they take a glance at what being an entrepreneur means, experiencing also some of the obstacles they’ll have to face in the future. In more advanced-stage pre-accelerators people go further and deeper into entrepreneurship, working on their projects until they reach the quality level that might lead them to acceleration programs.
- The Pre-Acceleration programs focus on helping people identify exactly what is the problem, and develop a solution that ﬁts it. This is one of the most important stages for any ﬁrst time entrepreneur and where pre-accelerators can add the most value.
- Pre-Accelerators maintain a strong network, and link experienced mentors and inspiring entrepreneurs with the participants, working on helping people create new startups that will be part of the ecosystem and boost the local economy. In countries without an entrepreneurial mindset their action is even more relevant. Everybody knows what difference does it make in a local ecosystem when the startup community is truly connected and cooperates.
- Pre-Accelerators goal is not only to technically skill-up entrepreneurs, but also to enhance and leverage people’s entrepreneurial mindset.
- Many start-ups applying for acceleration programs do not fulﬁll all the requirements, or the expected quality level. Some Pre-Accelerators already prepare teams and startups for the next phase, the acceleration, where they can grow and expand quickly.