One of the most important tasks of SPCleantech is to promote and facilitate cooperation between cluster members and active participation in ongoing projects. A great example of this type of cooperation is the project carried out by a member of the cluster, Palettenwerk in cooperation with the founder of the cluster, Cracow University of Technology represented by the Małopolskie Centrum Budownictwa Energooszczędnego (MCBE) and SPCleantech – “Development of innovative modular construction technology, prefabricated on wood base by PalettenWerk Kozik Spółka Jawna”.
The project received support from the Intelligent Development Operational Program for 2014-2020, Priority axis I. Support for conducting R & D works by enterprises, measure 1.1 R & D projects for enterprises, Sub-measure 1.1.1. Industrial research and development works carried out by enterprises.
As part of research and development activities, in cooperation with experts and civil engineers from the Cracow University of Technology, coordinated by MCBE, the company creates an innovative technology of prefabrication on base of improved cross-laminated timber slabs CLT (Cross Laminated Timber). SPCleantech is responsible for promoting and providing the product abroad, especially on the Scandinavian markets.
The new technology is characterized by properties significantly exceeding currently available technologies:
- buildings made according to their own technology made of laminated wood crosswise: high thermal and acoustic insulation, clean-dry technology of building objects, high energy efficiency, tightness, record low cost of building use, significant heat and humidity capacity.
- the use of flexible joints in wooden constructions: the possibility of reduction of concentration peaks, safe transfer of loads, resistance to moisture, new quality of wooden constructions and extension of exploitation possibilities beyond the existing limitations, elimination of steel connectors.
- prefabrication of glued laminated timber: perfect quality due to production in the factory – durability, naturalness and aesthetics. Fast production and assembly: production within 4 weeks, assembly within 10 days.
- buildings offered modularly
In addition, the project develops innovative materials using flexible connectors, which will be patented with obtaining certificates for use.
Achieving the above features of innovative technology is possible by carrying out R & D works in two stages:
- stage 1: conducting a series of dynamic simulations, computer simulations aimed at determining optimal material and geometric solutions, taking into account the assumed climatic conditions, work on the development of construction nodes using innovative materials.
- tage 2: Development of fully functional prototypes of innovative modular construction technology, prefabricated on a wood base.