On 06.03.2019 South Poland Cleantech Cluster joined by signing the Statement of Commitment the European Resource Efficiency Knowledge Centre (EREK), an initiative by the European Commission. The initiative was launched in February 2018 during the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference in Brussels.
Partners in this European Commission initiative are Business support organisations, including established and prospective providers of resource efficiency services to SMEs.
What is the European Resource Efficiency Knowledge Centre (EREK)?
- The European Commission has set up EREK with the objective to help European companies, especially SMEs, to save energy, material and water costs and increase their competitiveness.
- The Centre is to become a reference point for SMEs and business support organisations on the latest state-of-the-art in the domain and thus to raise the awareness for the savings potential that lies in switching to more resource efficient business models.
- The Centre animates a network of business support providers and connects practitioners and experts at regional, national and international levels in the area of resource efficiency support services. It provides practical information, advice and support on how to improve SMEs’ resource efficiency in a cost-effective manner.
- For more information please visit the Centre’s website www.resourceefficient.eu.
What does EREK offer to its member organisations?
- Latest information on Resource Efficiency, good-practice examples of European businesses and a selection of best available technologies
- Support and advice while promoting Resource Efficiency in their sector and region
- Tools and instruments for an assessment of businesses’ individual saving potentials
- Quick overview of relevant support programmes available on European, national, regional and local levels
- For more information please visit www.resourceefficient.eu/en/erek-network.