SPCleantech as Pre-Accelerator Point for Polish startups organized on 23.05.2016 the second workshop “Why start-ups fail?” of the series of 6 workshops and 2 conferences. The aim of the workshop was to provide experiences of Polish and Scandinavian mentors to Polish start-ups and coaches. SPCleantech is working with a group of experienced mentors from Denmark, Finland and Sweden.
Some startups succeed, yet so many fail, and it’s failure that teaches us the best lessons. What are the main reasons why startups fail?
During our workshop we showed the 10 most common reasons why great start-up ideas fail:
1. Misunderstanding target client groups
2. Misunderstanding clients subconscious needs
3. Over-narrowing your sales tunnel
4. Passive and reactive sales model
5. Cost model based on fixed costs
6. Loving your product with pure, emotional and uncritical love
7. Missing puzzle in management team
8. Assuming competitive status-quo: underestimating FUTURE competition
9. Overestimating competitive advantages based on technology and product itself
10. Non-agile product development philosophy
There was limited number of places. Workshop was in English.
Special guests during the workshop were Rafał Szczepanik (PL) and Santtu Hulkkonen (FI).