On 11.02.2020 another meeting of the XR platform (VR, AR and MR) took place. At the beginning of the meeting, Romain Rebour, president and board member of French Tech Cracovie, presented the branch of the French government organization French Tech, the first and only in Central and Eastern Europe, its goals, strategy and tasks. Later in the meeting, SPCleantech presented an application for the Regional Operational Program (RPO), task 3.3.1 entitled “Promotion and support of Małopolska SMEs with high innovation and export potential on Scandinavian markets”. Due to the spread of the coronavirus, Magdalena Sroka from Alvernia Planet could not participate in the meeting, with the presentation of current state of the project in Alwernia. We look forward to detailed information during the next meeting.
The aim of the project proposed by SPCleantech as part of the economic promotion of the Małopolska Region is:
- Promotion of the region’s economic offer
- Support for Małopolska SMEs in expansion into external markets
- Promotion of innovation
As part of the planned activities we offer:
- participation of entrepreneurs in economic missions: preparing, organizing and conducting trips of foreign representatives of Małopolska SMEs for meetings with representatives of Scandinavian companies. Trips to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. Trips will be preceded by analyzes of target markets.
- participation of entrepreneurs from Małopolska from the Sustainable Construction / VR, AR, MR, ICT industries in foreign fairs. In both years of project implementation (2021 and 2022) – entrepreneurs from both industries will participate in the first trade fairs in a given year as guests (trade fairs without exhibitions), and in the second as exhibitors (trade fairs with exhibitions).
- visits of Scandinavian entrepreneurs. Preparation, organization and conducting two-day visits of selected Scandinavian partners to entrepreneurs from Lesser Poland.
During the meeting, Romain Rebour, president and board member of French Tech Cracovie presented his organization.
What is French Tech?
French Tech is the nickname of a French government program that promotes and supports start-ups that, as we know, are transforming the world. In other words, it is a global community helping each other to scale up and cooperate on the French innovation market.
Established in 2015, French Tech brings together approximately 51 cities certified in France and 48 abroad. Their 900 members, supported by 2,500 CEOs, create a world-class startup ecosystem every day, sharing the same values. It focuses on diversity, focuses on innovative technologies and supports the scaling of new companies. In 2019, the French government provided EUR 2 million that were made available to communities to finance local initiatives such as events, partnerships, communication and programs.
The head office, called French Tech Central, is located at the F station in Paris. It is the largest start-up campus in the world with School 42, Facebook, Google, Amazon incubators, with 3,000 desks covering an area of 34,000 sq m.
Why French Tech in Krakow?
France is the second investor in Poland (EUR 17.6 billion in 2017), and there are 1,300 French companies operating directly with 250,000 employees. France is interested in this growing market in which many start-ups are being created offering products and services needed in the West. Fren’s mission within one official organization.
The launch of French Tech Cracovie, which is not only a local organization, but the only community present on the territory of Central and Eastern Europe, has been positively received by local stakeholders. This gives you the opportunity to increase commitment and responsibility, and at the same time allows you to promote Krakow as the main technology center in this part of Europe in which French investors will be even more visible.