On 04.07.2019 SPCleantech entered into cooperation with the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship of Coventry University. The meeting in Kraków was organized by The British Council, which is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. In the meeting participated leaders of the Centre, Joan Lockyer, Liliana Biglou and Katarzyna Szczepaniak from British Councils in Warszawa.
Since 2007, Coventry University has been through different evolutionary phases promoting enterprise, entrepreneurship and innovation. During 2008, the Institute for Applied Entrepreneurship (IAE) was created and was instrumental in winning various awards on behalf of Coventry University such as Times Higher Entrepreneurial University of the Year during 2011 and Incubation Awards. In order to move on to a next level of supporting enterprise and entrepreneurship, during August 2015 the IAE was unbundled and all entrepreneurial education and research activities were grouped under the new International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE). ICTE has a unique focus which is explained in its philosophy (see the position paper on www.coventry.ac.uk/icte). From this philosophical stance, ICTE defines its mission as using “Enterprise and entrepreneurship to foster leadership that can organise resources, act upon opportunities and create economic and social impact beyond the local level.” Its purpose is “to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship through a systemic approach, bringing about transformation in socio-economic development.”
Following the mission and purpose, there are five pillars underpinning ICTE’s strategy:
- Entrepreneurial leadership – which aims to forge a new generation of great entrepreneurial thinkers and doers
- Entrepreneurial education – which aims to create new knowledge to support transformational entrepreneurship
- Innovation – to drive forward fresh ways of doing business for the 21st century
- Socio-economic development – to ensure a healthy and equal society by meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of the future
- Policy support – to analyse and promote enterprise and entrepreneurial policies that will enable transformational entrepreneurship ICTE is operating locally, nationally and internationally