Fraunhofer MOEZ is a part of Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, the largest organization for applied research in Europe. The Institute is a strategic partner of SPCleantech. Partners have already discussed and agreed on different projects in the future. We will inform you about our plans soon.
Research efforts of the Institute are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives.
Key information on Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
At present, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft maintains 66 institutes and research units.
- The majority of nearly 24,000 staff are qualified scientists and engineers.
- €2 billion annual research budget totaling. Of this sum, €1.7 billion is
generated through contract research. More than 70 percent of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft’s contract research revenue is derived from contracts with industry and from publicly financed research projects. Almost 30 percent is contributed by the German federal and Länder governments in the form of base funding.
- Affiliated international research centers and representative offices provide contact with the regions of greatest importance to present and future scientific progress and economic development.
Key information on Fraunhofer MOEZ
- Location: Leipzig
- Permanent staff: 48 permanently employed members of staff (status: October 2011)
- Professional expertise: economic science (business administration, political economics); politics and social sciences
Language competences: English, French, Spanish, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Estonian, Croatian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Tamil, Czech, Tunisian, Ukrainian, and Belarusian as well as Arabic, French, Hindi, Italian, Dutch and Slovak
As an institute of applied research, Fraunhofer MOEZ’s work is project-oriented. The institute’s customers and partners are:
- small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- research institutions
- industry associations
- business development corporations
- chambers of commerce and industry
- other service providers and institutions