In days 19-20.09.2016, SPCleantech participated in 4th Cluster Matchmaking Conference: Internationalization the Strategic Way organized this time in Warsaw, PL. The conference attracted more than 285 participants representing 153 clusters from 32 countries resulting in 544 cluster-to-cluster matchmaking meetings.
The conference created an excellent matchmaking opportunities with Europe’s leading cluster organisations; Lot’s of networking opportunities; a thrilling interactive program and a vibrant atmosphere.
4th Cluster Matchmaking Conference: Internationalisation the Strategic Way
Warsaw, September 19 – 20, 2016
Europe’s premier meeting place for clusters returned. Last year’s conference in Copenhagen attracted more than 285 participants representing 153 clusters from 32 countries resulting in 544 cluster-to-cluster matchmaking meetings.
What happened: Excellent matchmaking opportunities with Europe’s leading cluster organisations; Lot’s of networking opportunities; a thrilling interactive program and a vibrant atmosphere. And as moderator we were very pleased to announce that Christian Ketels, President of TCI, who was the main facilitator of the conference.
And more breaking news: The new “Strategic Internationalisation – a Tool for Clusters” is an easy-to-use tool for cluster managers based on the learning from 25 Danish key clusters. It has been translated and had world premiere in Warsaw. Take a sneak peak of it here.
A unique venue: Matchmaking, networking and knowledge sharing requires the right surroundings. We have found that in the heart of Warsaw. The mansion Endorfina Foksal was built in 1875 but has successfully been turned into a top-modern spacious conference venue.
- Two rounds of cluster-to-cluster matchmaking: Pre-planned and pre-booked meetings between the participants, that booked up to seven meetings with clusters of your own choice. The matchmaking sessions were powered by Enterprise Europe Network.
- Light conference program with motivated speakers such as:
- Werner Pamminger, CEO at Clusterland Upper Austria: at the conference he presented insights the international journey of Clusterland, – one of Europe’s leading cluster organisations. He has previously been cluster manager at Clusterland – Plastics Cluster for many years so he has in depth and hands-on knowledge international activities.
- Emily Wise, Lund University who has evaluated several international cluster funding schemes (Innovation Express).
- Jacob Mogensen, Cluster Manager for the Danish Innovation Network for Biomass (inbiom): Inbiom has great international results both within Europe and beyond. At the conference he showcased their successful work on bridging the gap between the Danish and Chinese biomass industry and reveal the true story behind the success.
- Michael Browne, Head of European Research & Innovation, University College London, has 13 years experience in EU funded research and innovation and have overseen the award and delivery of more than 1,000 EU funded projects. By working strategic with H2020 University College London is ranked as Europe’s top performer in obtaining H2020 grants.
- Florin Paun, Development & Strategy Director in Competitiveness Cluster SAFE, French Safe Cluster – Security and Aerospace Actors for the Future of Earth gave a keynote on how they work strategic with open innovation, cross sectoral and internationalisation practices.
- Lucia Seel, Global Communication and Content Manager, European Cluster Collaboration Platform will present Cluster News from EU.
- International Project Labs: Sesssions were dedicated to develop cross cluster projects. Moderated by Simon Poulsen – one of Europe’s leading EU-fundraisers.
- International Cluster Strategy Labs: Session were dedicated to working strategic with your cluster’s internationalisation. Learn from other clusters, Cluster Excellence Denmark’s And BSR Stars new tool for cluster managers.
- Read more details on the program here.
- Meet clusters (and SME networks) from all over Europe;
- Scout for cluster partners for joint development projects;
- Gain knowledge about international clusters, their areas of specialisation and strategy;
- Discover new opportunities for cross cluster collaboration;
- Present, discuss and develop new project ideas with other clusters.
- Besides excellent matchmaking opportunities the event also offered an interesting but light conference program:
- Gain insight into Innovation by Combination and cross cluster collaboration
- Overview of different possibilities for funding to develop or enhance international cluster cooperation activities;
- Opportunity to form or develop a Horizon 2020 consortium and other European projects.
Who could participate?
- Cluster managers and key cluster staff from clusters with at least a Bronze label according to the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI) or with a proven international track-record.