On 11th june 2018, SPCleantech participated in a Workshop for cooperation for Smart City Clusters from Visegrad Group countries V4 (Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic) organized by Slovak University of Technology in Poprad (Slovakia) and Slovak Smart City Cluster.
On 01.07.2018 Slovakia took over the Presidency for Visegrad Group countries from Hungary. The meeting followed up the Hungarian – Slovak negotiation on cluster cooperation in February 2018, when they introduced the proposal for cooperation between the V4 countries related to smart city solutions with participation of government departments of Slovakia and Czech Republic.
In the meeting participated:
- Janusz Kahl, CEO in SPCleantech, Poland
- Maroš Finka, STU, member of Slovak Smart City Cluster (SSCC), Chairman of the Board of SSCC, Slovakia
- Gabor Dávidházy, National Mobile Payment PLC, Hungary
- Jozef Regec, director of Czech Smart City Cluster, Czech Republic
- Kamila Gejdošová, MDaV Slovakia
- Ján Michlík, Slovanet, a board member of SSCC, Slovakia
- Jíři Stich, executive manager of CCSS, the Czech Republic
- Peter Chochol, Atos, board member of SSCC, Slovakia
- Jozef Ridzik, Investment Management Section ÚPVII SR, Slovakia
- František Suchý, Department of Financial Instruments, Division of Investment Management,Ů PVII SR
- Petr Smolník, active coworker of CSCC in a field of presentation and PR, Czech Republic
One year ago partners have discussed for the first time the initiative but now there is time for discussing the cooperation project in more details. Partners have discussed the basic cooperation concept in cross cutting topics of Smart City (SC). The initiator of the project the Hungarian National Mobile Payment is interested in an open dialog starting the specific cooperation in form of joint urban projects aimed for benefits from joint activities for citizens as well as tourists. The plan is to start a dialog for creation of electronic services, which is the main topic for their proposal. They want to enter into cooperation with the state representatives, to prepare suitable areas and topics for the start of the cooperation. Partners plan to work out a concept in the form of a document including all participants and to find opportunity to synchronize with the legislation of the involved countries. Involved regions will be in the focus. The cities from cooperating regions will also be invited.
The idea of cooperation was later proposed to Bratislava. There is no need for having big visions at the beginning. It is necessary to set goals for testing, verify them and then continue the project with implementation of solutions in specific areas. Hungarian partners contacted the National Bank in Hungary seeking some help for different projects but the bank needs to know the specific conditions, intentions, returns and so on. They also need to find a form of a conceptual background required for support and involving of the government. The most important thing in the beginning is to create something useful for countries, that is not to formal. At the beginning, NMP started with few partners, determined options and opportunities and has slowly expanded the project. In the beginning there was a lot of problems, which were gradually sorted out and solved. At present the partners are ready to start the collaboration with coordination and implementation. The partners of The National Mobile Payment Plc are different Hungarian ministries. They work on creating smart concepts in cooperation with the Slovakia, Czech Republic and Poland in different areas such as transport, communication, etc.
It is not possible to implement all the ideas at the same time. Partners have to divide the resources according the importance of the tasks. After some time the projects have to be formalized for easer realization.
The next steps will be:
- Preparing and defining cooperation topics between partners – 07.2018
- Preparing the next meeting for the dialog – 08-09.2018
- Preparing a Memorandum for cooperation of V4 representatives in the Smart City area with agreed topics.