Janusz Kahl, CEO in SPCleantech was selected as external independent expert by the INCENSe Evaluation Committee to the Evaluators Panel of the project.
INCENSe (INternet Cleantech ENablers Spark project) plans to foster both innovation and high tech employment within the European Energy Sector by means of the provision of funding and top level acceleration services to ensure support for entrepreneurs in the creation of innovative market-oriented solutions able to make energy smarter, reliable and efficient.
INCENSe is one of the 16 Future Internet Accelerators from the FIWARE Programme, funded by the European Commision, which aims to support entrepreneurs to capture the opportunities coming from a new wave of digitalization and place Europe in the center of the Internet Economy.
INCENSe will promote two Open Calls with the aim to select up to 42 Startups.
- The First Open Call focused on CleanTech is OPEN until January 15th 2015.
- The Second Open Call, from June 2015 up to September 2015.
Eligible applicants: SMEs and Start-ups + FIWARE technologies + innovative internet based technologies in the Cleantech Sector from both EU and non-EU member states:
- Energy efficiency & Home automation
- Renewable energy
- Renewable forecasting solutions
- Smart grids
- Energy storage
- Advanced diagnostic & Automation solutions
- Cyber security
- Digitalization of energy through ICT
Any other use of internet technology contributing to sustainability, energy sector or new services to smart cities.
Beneficiaries will receive up to 150.000€ in funding (non-refundable) that will be sequentially delivered. Moreover, the grant will be divided into three stages:
- €50.000 – advance at the beginning of development (at the signature of the subgrant agreement).
- €75.000 – intermediate stage (according to specific milestones from an individual plan).
- €25.000 – end of the project (according to specific milestones from an individual plan).
INCENSe has a budget of 6.2 million € worth of direct funding, mentoring and networking.
Only one proposal per SME or individual can be submitted. Should more than one proposal per SME or individual be identified, the proposal will no longer be part of the process.
Deadline: Closing date for proposals: Thursday, January 15th 2015 at 17:00
Additional details can be found on INCENSe’s webpage.